This 2012 presentation highlights current trends in prescription drug abuse and potential policy solutions.
Major Topics Include:
- Defining non-medical use of prescription drugs
- Current levels of illicit prescription drug use, initiation, treatment admissions, and deaths
- Pain-reliever specific data
- Targeted data on women and girls
- ONDCP's Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Plan (2011)
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- Opioid Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS)
Original Presentation: Erika Ostlie; 5th National CONFERence on Behavioral Health for Women and Girls: Health, Empowerment, Resilience and Recovery (HERR CONFERenece); San Diego, CA; July 18, 2012.